Friday, August 15, 2008

Random Puppy Musings

Desi is due in 8 days.... I often find myself cuddling with her, with my hand on her belly feeling her babies move. It is as amazing to me as feeling my own babies while pregnant.

This pregnancy has not slowed Desi down one bit. She is still her crazy, goofy-girl self, she just eats a lot more, pees a lot more and takes a couple of extra naps. During her last pregnancy she really slowed down by this point, but not this time. She is now nesting and will squeeze herself into any small space she can find. I have her whelping box set up and am finishing up washing her fleece, then she will have the box to nest in. In a few days I will give her some stuff to shred - She has a huge desire to make a perfect nest for her babies and is now going through tons of stuffy toys... not for enjoyment like usual, now it is a job to her.

I am thrilled with this breeding and I can't wait to see what it produces. I am planning on keeping one or two puppies. It depends on what we get and which ones really touch me.

1 comment:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Girls sure are funny when they go into nesting mode